How to Troubleshoot Avast Antivirus Error 305?
Avast antivirus is a system security software that is most preferable among the users. When we talk about system protection tool that is ace of keeping the systems safe from all harmful elements and infections, the first priority would be Avast antivirus. But some technical problems may come up while accessing it to remove viruses like Avast Antivirus Error 305. In that condition, clicking on the link avast.com will be effective for you to terminate all the nasty error messages from your system.
Symptoms of Avast Antivirus Error 305
- You can see that your active program window is getting crashed
- When you run the multiple programs at a time, such an error code occurs
- An error message “Avast Error 305” is displayed on your operating system
- Windows runs slowly and takes too much time in loading any file while opening
- Your operating system periodically “freezes” for a minute
In case you are confronting any of the above situations, then your Avast antivirus has an error 305. Try to search the reason of getting such an issue and eradicate them from the root so that you can hassle-freely scan your protected software.
Reasons of Avast Antivirus Error 305
Following are the main reasons due to which 305 error arise:
- Corrupted Avast antivirus software has been downloaded in your system
- Due to incomplete installation of Avast antivirus
- May be Windows registry is corrupted or degraded
- Avast Antivirus related program files has corrupted
- Another program maliciously or mistakenly deleted
These are the causes of occurring error code 305. You can troubleshoot this issue when you go through the below given solutions. Stay tuned with this page!
Steps to Fix Troubleshoot Avast Antivirus Error 305
So here are some quick fixes you can try out to get rid of this issue. Go through the guide thoroughly and make sure you are performing the steps as directed. Take a brief look on the noted points:
- Scan for Malware
Because of malware infection, an Avast antivirus error 305 could appear. Many intruders can try to damage, delete or corrupt the Runtime Errors-related files. Therefore, scan your system if the scan feature is working.
- Install Available Windows Update
Often updating Windows can remove software related problems. Windows updates are essential helping in accessing applications without any hassle.
- First of all, click on the “Start” button
- Now type update into the search box and press the Enter
- After that Windows Update dialog box will appear
- Now, click on the Install Updates button
- If updates are available, follow the on-screen instructions and install the Windows update
- Use Windows System Restore
This method allows your system to restore back the deleted file to its default settings or the saved Restore point. It will help you to avoid extensive troubleshooting. Just follow the steps below.
- You need to click the Start button
- Then in the search box, type “System Restore” and press the Enter
- Next, follow the system guided steps and let Windows complete the restoration process
Despite following the steps, you are still getting the same error code, you definitely need professional help. If you are looking for a long-term solution, then you can simply contact Avast Customer Service and stay tuned with the technicians.