How to Fix Avast Update Unknown Error?
Avast antivirus is one of the preferable free antivirus software among the users. With this free antivirus application, users get quality protection without spending money. It’s popular and it works very well but there are some errors which have troubled users for a while, such as the Avast update unknown error. If you are also experiencing the same error message on your computer screen while accessing Avast program, then you can take Avast Help from our proficient dexterous tech-geeks. They have talent and numbers of years of experience in dealing with the Avast related any problem. You can also get help for avast secureline vpn.
Causes of Avast Update Unknown Error
The problem is usually caused by DNS settings, so it is required to change the settings. you can also face this issue due to firewall which blocks the updater from connecting to the Internet. Resetting Internet Explorer settings might also work out for you!
Methods to Fix Avast Update Unknown Error
Follow the given below instructions one-by-one as here is the solution of your problem. Therefore, have a glance on the noted points:
Change The DNS Settings
DNS settings are one of the most important Internet connection settings you can modify related to your network connection. The DNS address is obtained automatically by default but you can always enter the address you want to use. You should use the Google DNS address which is available for free use and which has helped numbers of users in resolving the Avast update “Unknown error”. Perform the below task:
- Press Windows + R keys simultaneously. Doing so Run dialog box will open where you need to type ‘ncpa.cpl’ in the bar and tap OK. It will then open the Internet Connection settings item in Control Panel.
- Now double click on active Network Adapter and then click on the “Properties” button
- Locate the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) from the list. Click on it in order to select it and hit the Properties button
- Now, set Preferred DNS server to 126.96.36.199 and the Alternate DNS server to 188.8.131.52 in order to use the Google DNS address
- Keep the “Validate settings upon exit” option checked and click “OK” in order to apply the changes immediately. Check whether Avast update “Unknown error” disappears or not.
Reset Internet Explorer Settings
You might think that this method probably doesn’t apply to you but it does, no matter if you are using Internet Explorer or not. The Internet Explorer settings are related to all proxy, DNS, and connection settings which is reset in order to prevent the Avast update “Unknown error”.
Add a Firewall Exception for the Updater
The updater for Avast has its own executable and it’s suggested to allow it through in your firewall.
If the same problem still persists, then don’t panic! There is one another option in your hand. Just go to go.avast.com by sitting at your home and get united with the tech-specialists. They will guide you all the possible solution in a cost-effective manner.