How to Fix Avast Background Service is not Running?
Sometimes users complain that they are seeing a mysterious error while using Avast antivirus which read: Avast Background Service is not Running. Normally, the users encounter this issue, after updating the Avast antivirus to the latest available version. But the users need not to worry as this issue can be fixed once they go for the link go.avast.com. Entire exterminating steps have been mentioned there, the users should only have to follow them one by one carefully.
Avast antivirus is one of the security programs which users prefer to install on their operating system. Avast launch the both schemes paid and non-paid. So, as per the feature requirement you can go for any of these. It has lots of advanced security features which users really love to operate it. Virus and malware affecting the system can be removed once you scan this Avast antivirus application. So, to stay protected, you need to install Avast antivirus software on your computer. Once you download or install this antivirus, the unwanted files will be denied automatically to download in your PC.
Solutions to Fix Avast Background Service is not Running Issue
There are a few methods by which you can fix the frustrating “You are unprotected- Avast Background Service not running” issue. You don’t need any additional software to use the methods. The step-wise guide will take you through in no time at all. Hence, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Run a Smart Scan
Smart Scan is one of the most powerful features of the Avast antivirus and it scans your computer for all sorts of malware, bad browser add-ons, and outdated programs. Let this scan run until it finishes and check to see if the problem is gone!
- Open the Avast Antivirus by clicking on its icon. Now, right-click on it, and then choose the Open option
- At the left pane, you see the Protection button, just tap on it
- Now, proceed to select Scans from the menu which will open
- Click on “Run Smart Scan” button and then wait for some time until it gets finished
- After the scanning process is completed, you can review the scan results. A green checkmark notify you that no related issues were found. And a red exclamation point declares that one or more related issues were found. You can click on Resolve All in order to solve all problems.
- After that, Click on “Done” and restart your computer in order to save the changes
Restart your computer and check to see if the problem is gone! But in case the problem is still arises, then jump to the next procedure.
- Update Avast To The Latest Version
It seems that the folks at Avast have finally noticed the problem and they managed to fix it for most users in one of the latest builds. Avast should install new updates automatically if you haven’t disabled this feature. So, update the Avast antivirus to the new version and then check the issue!
- Avast Clean Install
Follow the below instructions only:
- Download the latest version of Avast installation via its official site and then click the “Download Free Antivirus” button at the middle of the website
- You will also need to download the Avast Uninstall Utility from the link
- After downloading those files, disconnect the internet and then boot into Safe Mode
- Run the Avast Uninstall Utility and browse for the folder where you have installed Avast
If none of the above written methods are helpful for you, then try to reach some experts. They will direct you all the possible ways to fix this issue in a simpler manner. To get united with the technicians, you are just required to call at Avast Support Phone Number. It is accessible all around the globe, so you can take support anytime without any hassle.