How to Disable Avast Firewall?
To keep protected against the online threats, it is essential to monitor the incoming and outgoing movement. For this protection, you don’t have to go anywhere. Avast is doing it for you. Apart from this, Avast also detects the false positives for definite application to prevent the negative content to access. So to allow these applications to work accordingly, you need to disable the Avast firewall. This is very simple and must to do process, to keep your information safe and secure.
To disable the Avast firewall, you need to perform certain steps so that you can overcome any sort of issue. Given below are the suggested steps that you need to perform for any type of internet difficulty. In case of any problem, you can contact Avast Customer Support where experts will help you to resolve your problem in the best way possible.
Quick fix to disable Avast firewall
1.Turn Off or disable Avast Completely (All Shields)
If you turn off all the Avast shields, then you will completely turn off the whole Avast Antivirus active protection. So confirm whether you want to turn it off or not. If you want to turn it off, then it is very simple process to do so.
- Just go to the Windows task bar and look for the orange Avast icon. As it is hidden by default in some Windows systems, so to find it, click on the top arrow if it is not visible to you. When you got the icon, put a right-click on it, then go for the option ‘Avast shields control‘, and choose one of the following options popping up there that are inactivate for a) 10 minutes; b) 1 hour; c) until computer restart; or d) permanently.
- Whatever option you have chosen, you first need to confirm it. To confirm your desired time, click on the “Yes” option. By clicking on this option, Avast and all its shields will be disabled for your desired time.
- To confirm that whether Avast is disabled or not, open its main window.If it is disabled, then the window will be red saying that ‘All antivirus shields are off‘. To enable Avast again, hit the green button that is ‘RESOLVE‘, and it will change to green with a message stating ‘You’re protected‘.
2.Turn Off/Disable Avast Temporarily (Specific Shield(s))
Apart from disabling all the shields, Avast also has an option to disable any specific shield temporarily or to pause it for some time. If you are confirm that you have to disable Avast temporarily, then proceed to the given steps.
- First of all, open the foremost Avast user interface and go to the Protection option and select Core Shields. Otherwise, you can go to the Settings option that is in the bottom left corner in the Avast interface. After that click on ‘Components’. In the case of the older version, it comes with the ‘Active Protection‘option. There all the Avast shields i.e. File System Shield, Mail Shield, Behavior Shield, Web Shield are listed.
Click on the one that you want to disable and click on the switcher option. When you click on it, four options will be visible to you asking to stop the shield for a) 10 minutes; b) 1 hour; c) until computer restart; or d) permanently. Select the desired time and click on it.
- If the shield has been positively disabled, you will see the switch changed to ‘OFF‘ following with the main window that is yellow with a message stating ‘File Shield is now off‘. To enable it again, just click on the green option that is ‘Turn on‘ button, and it will turn green with the notification that ‘You are protected‘.
3.Uninstall Avast Antivirus Completely
If you are still facing a problem, then the only way to get rid of this is to uninstall Avast Antivirus completely. However, it is not the correct solution as Avast is the best antivirus available in the market.
In case of any issue, you can call on Avast customer Support Number to talk with the Avast executive. They will solve your issue in no time.