How to deactivate Avast antivirus in windows 10?
Sometimes, you may want to turn off your Avast Antivirus or just pause it for some time. This is normally because you need to install some other security software like a firewall or any other. The main reason for this is because Avast is hindering your favorite site or application.
If you are sure to deactivate Avast antivirus, then the given steps might help you. Go through the suggested steps to easily uninstall the Avast security. In case you need any assistance, you can contact Avast Customer Support. Experts will give you the best tips and tricks to resolve your issue and make you problem-free.
Salient steps to disable Avast antivirus
Perform the below suggested steps to deactivate Avast antivirus effortlessly.
Turn Off/Disable Avast completely including all the shields
Switching off all the Avast shields means to completely turn off all the Avast antivirus active protection.
- Go to the Windows task bar and search for the orange Avast icon. Maybe it is hidden in some of the Windows systems, so if you don’t see it, hit the top arrow. When you got the icon, make a right-click on it, search for the option ‘Avast shields control‘, and after that you will get options like this – deactivate for a) 10 minutes; b) 1 hour; c) till the computer restart; d) permanently.
- Avast will ask you for a confirmation for the option you will choose. To confirm the option, you have to hit on the “Yes” option. By doing this, Avast and all its shields should be disabled or paused for whatever option you have selected.
- If you want to confirm that Avast is really disabled or not, open its main window. It should be red and stating ‘All antivirus shields are off‘. To enable it again, hit on the green button ‘RESOLVE‘, and it will turn green with the notification ‘You’re protected‘.
Switch Off or Disable Avast Temporarily (Specific Shield(s))
Avast also suggests a choice to temporarily turn off or pause any precise shield, besides switching off all the shields at once. Again, you should know what and why you’re doing it.
- Open the main Avast user interface.Select the“Protection” option followed by“Core Shields” option. Otherwise, you can go to the Settings option that is in the lowermost left corner in the main Avast interface. After that, go to the “Components” option. There all the Avast shields will be visible like Mail Shield, File System Shield, Behavior Shield, and Web Shield.Select the one you want to deactivate and then hit on the switcher. When you hit it, you will get options like this – stop the shield for a) 10 minutes b) 1 hour c) until computer restart; d) permanently. Choose the period that you want and hit it.
- When the shield has been successfully deactivated, you will see the change to “OFF” and the main window will be converted to yellow with the message ‘File Shield is now off‘. To allow it again, dab on the green “Turn on” button and it will turn green with the notification ‘You’re protected‘.
Uninstall the Avast Antivirus Completely
If the above steps wouldn’t solve your problem, then you can go for uninstalling Avast Antivirus completely.
Get instantaneous help. Dial the number
If you face any difficulty in performing the above steps, then you can dial
How to deactivate Avast antivirus in windows 10
. By dialing the number, experts will get in touch with you and resolve your problem by snapping fingers.