Steps to Create and Use Rescue Disk in Avast Antivirus
If you believe that your PC is contaminated with malware and the entire Antivirus scans including the Boot-time scan were not able to eliminate the issue, then you can use Rescue Disk in avast antivirus. With the help of this, you can scan your computer when your system is not running. Thus it significantly increases chances of detecting and removing malware because when the system is not running then the malware is also unable to counteract.
Here are the steps to create and use rescue disk in Avast antivirus:
In order to create rescue disk on a blank USB drive or CD you require:
- Another malware-free Windows computer with Avast Antivirus installed.
- An empty USB drive with a size of 500 MB or higher
Steps to create rescue disk in avast:
- Launch Avast Antivirus user interface and go for protection and then select Scans.
- At the top-right corner click on the Rescue Disk
- Insert the empty USB drive into your system and then click create USB from the main Rescue Disk screen
- From the appeared dialog box, opt your USB drive and then you will see a progress screen.
- Click OK, when rescue disk gets complete loading.
Boot up your operating system from Rescue Disk:
- After creating a Rescue Disk, you can boot up the computer system that contains malware using this external USB.
- Turn off your PC and then put in the USB drive that has Rescue Disk.
- Turn on the PC and press the correct key to open its Boot menu.
- When the boot menu comes into view, choose your Rescue Disk USB.
- Now, go behind the on-screen instructions and press any key to start the boot-up process using Rescue Disk.
Scan your PC for viruses with the rescue disk:
- Whenever rescue disk starts on your computer, you can initiate scanning for malwares.
- Simply select one out of these two options:
- All hard discs will scan the entire PC.
- Selected folders/discs will only scans the specific folders or discs on the computer. Tap change to choose the folders or discs to scan and then tap OK.
- After selecting one option, click on Start Scan.
With rescue disk repair or delete infected files:
- After scanning your PC, Rescue Disk informs you about the results. If any threats are there, you can easily choose fix automatically features.
- From the results screen simply click on fix automatically.
- Rescue Disk attempts to get rid of the malicious code from all infected files. If it fails to fix any files, then the infected files are automatically deleted from the PC.
- When the process is completed then tap on Quit and restart the computer to exit Rescue Disk
We ensure that after trying these tricks and methods, you can easily create and use rescue disk in Avast antivirus. However, if you face some complexity while trying above methods, then try grabbing assistance from Avast Chat Support team members. They are highly capable to eliminate these types of issues within quick succession of time.