Which one is better between Avast and Malware bytes?
These days, if we talk about computer security, it is incredibly significant to use reputable software to ensure that your data is protected at all times. So, here we are going to discuss about Malware bytes vs Avast, to know which one is better for keeping your system protected. According to the experts of Avast Customer Support, both of these programs are really good and they are not even direct competitors to each other. Instead, they offer safety against dissimilar types of threats. Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of each of the program to decide whether you want one or other.
Let’s know about Malware bytes
The initial version of Malware bytes started out as a pure malware exclusion software tool. However, over the years, it has evolved into an entirely featured security solution for Macs, PCs, and Androids. If we talking about complete protection, Malware bytes Premium is all you actually need for your computer for eliminating the virus or malwares
Pros and Cons of Malware bytes
- In this, active browsing protection protects your computer from threats while you browse.
- Due to Machine learning technology you can be protected from new threats even before they are putting on definition lists.
- Having multi platform that means you can use this software on a PC, Mac, or Android device.
- Have extensive support and community knowledgebase
- With the help of scan scheduling you can easily schedule scans to run daily or on whatsoever time frame you want to start scanning.
- Having clean and easy to use interface
- Free version of Malware bytes isn’t fully stocked
- Sometimes overzealous in active protection blocks competitor antivirus software sites.
Avast come out with a suite of dissimilar computer protection programs over the years. In 2018, Avast antivirus got a facelift that features a dark skinned theme which is clear and easy to read. This has new updated features with multitude of updates and it is capable of being a fully featured internet security tool for your PC, Phone and Mac.
Avast does extremely well in dynamic malware, virus, and phishing site tests. If you compare the paid version of Avast it seems to neck and neck with Malware bytes.
Pros and Cons of Avast Internet Security
- Wi-Fi security scan of Avast ensures your Wi-Fi connections are up to assassinate and detects any intruders.
- Password storage unit of Avast stores passwords safely behind the encryption. So you can use very strong passwords and doesn’t need to remember them all yourself.
- Phishing site detection, sources phishing sites and notifies you before you get tricked.
- Sandbox apps facilitate you to run suspicious apps in a sandbox in order to protect your computer from further threats.
- Avast actively block malware and other malicious viruses intelligently
- Having a bit more resource heavy than the Malware bytes
- In order to use system cleanup in free download you need to purchase it
- Many more bells and whistles behind a paywall
Overall Recommendation of Malware bytes versus Avast Antivirus
This was a very tough call even for the professionals of Avast Customer Service. But, for now we suggest you to go for Malwarebytes Premium to make it your front line defense. As it is a bit more lightweight and the protection is just as good, and it is also cheaper.
However, Avast is also very good antivirus and it offer more amazing features such as a password vault, sandbox for suspect software, a few bells and whistles like game mode to prevent pop ups and also browser cleanup tools.
Depending on your budget and your need you can use Avast or malware bytes accordingly.